Banana Bay Beach
- Banana Bay's Beach is not a public beach. It is reserved for the exclusive use of Banana Bay owners and their guests.
Pets must always be kept on a leash and you must always clean up after your pet. You will need to verify with the person/company you're renting from to ensure pets are allowed in their units.
- Pet-friendly parks/beaches:
Banana Bay Community Swimming Pool
- The pool opens at 7 am and closes at 10 pm nightly. Pets of any kind are NOT allowed on the pool deck nor in the pool.
- ONLY Banana Bay residents & their guests are authorized to use our amenities.
- Clean up after yourself in the pool & pool house areas and on the beach.
- NO GLASS is permitted in the pool area.
Banana Bay Exercise Facilities
- Proper gym etiquette is expected (ex. Re-racking weights when finished/leave it in the condition in which you would like to find it).
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted in the gym. Children are not allowed at any time to be on or near the equipment, it is a gym, not a playground.
Why are the Hot Tub and Pool Water Temperatures So Cold?
Fall and Winter water temperatures will always be cooler and cold.
Banana Bay uses an air-source heat pump to transfer heat from the air to our swimming pool and hot tub. Therefore water temperature is dependent on the outside air temperature. Because more heat is present in higher temperatures, a heat pump operates more efficiently in warmer air. Similarly, a heat pump operates less efficiently in cooler air and will need to run for a longer period of time in order to heat your swimming pool. Most heat pumps shut down when the outside temperatures go down below 55° degrees.
Typically, you can expect on average a 10 degree increase in water temperature over air temperature. A heat pump works the same whether it is in colder temperatures or warmer temperature. A heat pump through the evaporator coil makes use of nature’s free heat to transfer what heat is in the air. On days with low temperature, a heat pump will start to freeze the condensate that forms normally on the evaporator coil. Standard heat pumps simply shut down due to this icing condition automatically at this point to prevent the forming of mechanical damage to the heat pump system.
At Banana Bay we DO NOT use heaters, we only use a heat pump. Over the last several years there has been discussion about purchasing a better heat pump or a dedicated heater. The cost of such a change has a large cost, one which each subsequent Board of Directors has not chosen to accept. Until such a time as the HOA membership commits to the additional cost, hot tub and pool use during the winter months is limited.
Monthly Air Temperature Averages for Perdido Key, FL